How to Apply
All applicants must meet the Marie Sklodowska-Curie eligibility rules, in order to comply with both the mobility and Early Stage Researcher status requirements. The requirements are applied with respect to the country of the recruiting host, and the date of recruitment of the ESR.
Do you meet the MSCA Eligibility Rules:
- Researchers may be of any nationality. However, they must undertake physical, trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up their appointment.
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of his/her host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment.*
- ESRs shall, at the date of recruitment, be in the first four years** of their research careers, and must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
*Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account
**Measured from the date when he/she obtained the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate
All applications should be made in the first instance through the OPTAPHI website (this page), but please note that candidates may be subsequently required to also apply directly to the recruiting host institute, depending on local regulations.
The application form will ask you to select up to three ESR projects to which you are interested in applying, ranked in order of preference. Refer to the Projects page for details of the projects available.
You will be required to confirm your eligibility under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie rules; note that, should you be selected, you will be asked to provide documentary evidence for this.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, as a single pdf file (max. 10Mb).
Your CV should include, as a minimum, the following information:
- Your postal address and phone number, if available
- Details of your country/countries of residence and/or of your main activity (work/study/ etc) for at least the past 3 years, in accordance with the MSCA eligibility conditions
- Details of your education and qualifications record
- Details of any relevant research and/or work experience
- The operating language of OPTAPHI will be English. If English is not your first language, please provide evidence of your competency in English (e.g. TOEFL score)
- Contact details for at least two referees
You are also encouraged to include either a motivation section or a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying to OPTAPHI.
Note that, if not included in your CV, transcripts/certificates confirming your qualifications will be required if you are shortlisted.